How to Open an NCB Account
If you are planning to open an NCB account, there are some requirements such as; documents and Referees that you will need. This article will explain all the documents you need to carry as well as all the other requirements.
Required Documents for NCB Account
Here is a list of personal documents you need to walk with to open your Jamaica National Comercial Bank Account (NCB).
Proof of Valid Identification
You will need to walk with proof of valid identification. The Jamaica National Commercial Bank accepts the following I.D:
- Drivers License
- National I.D
- Employer ID (Conditions Apply)*
- National Council for Senior Citizens Identification Card
- Diplomatic ID
Your Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) will be required so walk with it.
Proof of Income/Employment
You’re required to produce proof of your income, whether you be employed or self-employed.
For those that are employed, one of the required documents needed are as follow:
- Proof salary of being sent to an account for the last three months.
- Letter from an employer, not more than six months old.
- Payslip not more than six months old.
For those that are self-employed, one of the required documents needed are as follow:
- Certificate of Registration bearing the applicants name
- Applicants tax return
- Current valid work identification
- Self-employment Verification form
- Trade License
If you are unemployed, then you will be required to fill out an unemployment verification form. To get an unemployment verification form, visit any National Commercial Bank branch in Jamaica.
Proof of Address
Here is a list of documents that can use as a proof of address:
- Your national I.D card has your address at the back and can use as a proof of address.
- Utility bill
- Postmarked envelope (no more than 6months old)
Minimum Opening Deposit
- J$100 NCB START (up to 18 years of age)
- J$2,000 NCB Regular Save
- J$5,000 NCB Gold Club (age 55 and over)
- J$5,000 NCB Chequing Account
- J$10,000 NCB Sunshine Savers
- 100 units of foreign currency (US, Can, Pound, Euro)